Meet your coach!
Lyndsey is a lecturer, traveller, photographer and former varsity hockey player.
She is passionate about health, fitness, and nutrition; but her interest is more than just professional. Having suffered from food intolerances and Hashimoto's disease, a form of autoimmune hypothyroidism, Lyndsey knows what it's like to live with chronic health conditions. And she knows from experience that proper nutritional habits and consistent exercise can often improve or even eliminate them.
With a master's degree in sports medicine, honours degrees and kinesiology and health sciences, strength and conditioning and olympic lifting qualifications and precision nutrition coaching certifications, Lyndsey brings a wealth of knowledge to her coaching practice.
She also brings experience. Over the last 12-years Lyndsey has worked with hundreds of clients from all walks of life. Her clients have included new exercisers, injury and chronic pain sufferers, tactical professionals and elite athletes. Lyndsey's unique, client-centred approach to coaching empowers her clients to reach their full potential and keep it sustainable.
Education and Certifications
- Masters of Science in Kinesiology with concentration in Sports Medicine from Western University
- Honours Specialization in Health Sciences from Western University
- Bachelor of Science in Honours Kinesiology from Western University
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Level 1 and Level 2 Olympic Lifting Coaching Certification through the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Level 1 Precision Nutrition Coaching Certification
- Currently enrolled in the Level 2 Precision Nutrition Coaching Certification course (to be completed July 2015)